Healthy Heart

Healthy Heart

Saturday, February 4, 2012

No Regrets!

While on my way out of the gym today I overheard the owner talking to another member about "cheating" on their diet.  My first thought was "Oh, here is my lecture".  Let me go back to last night.  I went straight from work to home, took my dogs for a 50 min walk, and had to have my girls fed within 45 mins before they took off for thier evening activities.  Now I have food in my fridge and cupboards but I never took any meat out of the freezer and was quite frankly pooped after a busy week.  I ended up taking the girls out to May's for quick chinese.  I never had the Almond Chicken and did choose the brocolli stuff but when it is all said and done ....Aghhhh....  I beat myself up all night and ended up having a glass of wine as well.  (2 actually!!)

So when I heard the gym lady starting this conversation I slowed down to easedrop.  What she ended up saying (not a direct quite) was that everyone gets of track.  It will not wreck your program and if you going to do it at least enjoy yourself. But, only once a week.  Then get back to it. 

So I relaxed a bit. I have been very active and have been on track with my diet.  I went to the gym today,  worked my butt off and will doing Mt. Z tomorrow.  I am going to a pot luck tonight and already know that I will make healthy choices and no drinks!  ( I have to drive anyway).  And in the end I did enjoy the meal with my daughters and the wine was delish! 

So back at it today.  I had a great breaky of poached eggs and dry toast and an orange. Here is a pic of my yummy salad for lunch. 


Baby spring greens, tuna, cottage cheese, cranberries, celery, raspberry vinigarette
Hope to see some of you tomorrow.  If not, I hope you got to enjoy this great weather!

Until later winners,

Stacey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment