Healthy Heart

Healthy Heart

Monday, February 13, 2012

Hike/Walk ~ February 19th

What a beautiful day outside.  The weather had me thinking about the planned hike this weekend.  My daughter’s hockey game was rescheduled, so I will have to move the hike to 2pm. 

It is a nice 2hr (?) loop around Rat Lake in Mill Bay.  I found it while geocaching (a mini-series of 17) along this loop.  I brought my dogs and ran into quite a few people.  There is a small hill at the beginning but the rest is quite comfortable.  With the caching this will be a slower walk but quite pretty. 

If we start at 2 we should be finished by 4.  I think this would be a great day for a crock pot dinner to be waiting at home.

I will be bringing my dogs and maybe some kids again.  Feel free to bring guests.  The more the merrier.  The weather looks cloudy but not rainy (so far!)



Directions:
Heading south on highway 1 in Mill Bay:
Turn right onto
Frayne Road

Turn left onto
Gatewheel Road

Park at the end of this deadend.
This is where the group will met!

You can also (off of
Frayne Rd
):
Turn left onto
Benko Road

Turn right onto
Deloume Road

Park at the end of this deadend.
You can access the trail from both sides. 

Have a great week and good luck on Wednesday.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment